quinta-feira, 11 de novembro de 2010

Israel: a new story begins!

English:
Here I am! Israel!
Well... I am fine. My goodbye from Dublin was hard. Very hard.


But now, a new story begins!
Absolutely different place: culture, weather,  people, language, letter, money, ...everything.
Suddenly, my world changed. I am become an illiterate.




All of my life I studied, read, and I was independent. I loved the time I read the labels of medicine as I sat in the bathroom to do number 2... This time is over.
Here in Israel the first language is Hebrew, and despite almost everybody can speak in English, they talk one with other in local language. Everything is in Hebrew: journal, TV, signs, etc...
Ok... at least they talk in English... so... I will speak English!
When I arrived in the airport, my friend Geruza was waiting for me. I received mine 3 moths of visa, and I had to change my money.

Good news: € 50,00 are 227,00 Shekels.
Bad news: a Coke here is 8,00 Shekels, it means, life here is expensive.





My first day in Israel was in Tel Aviv, seaside town. Despite be winter, the temperature is hot. There is no rain here. The sky was completely clear and blue.




I could see how modern Israel is. High buildings mixed with old houses and temples. Traditionalism and vanguard together. Very beautiful place!


Now I am in a Kibbutz called Hatzerim, beside Beer Sheva. An oasis in the desert, literally, but about this, I will write in the next posts!

Thank you all!
See you!


Português:
Aqui estou eu! Israel!
Bom... Eu estou bem. Minha despedida de Dublin foi difícil. Muito difícil.
Mas agora, uma nova história começa!
Lugar absolutamente diferente: cultura, clima, povo, língua, letra, dinheiro, ... tudo.


De repente, meu mundo mudou. Eu me tornei um analfabeto.
Toda minha vida eu estudei, li, e fui independente. Eu adorava o tempo que eu lia os rótulos dos remédios, quando eu me sentava no banheiro para fazer "número 2"... Esse tempo acabou.
Aqui em Israel, a primeira língua é o hebraico, e apesar de quase todos falarem inglês, eles falam um com o outro na língua local. Tudo está em hebraico: jornal, TV, cartazes, etc...Ok ... pelo menos eles falam em Inglês ... então ... Vou falar Inglês!


Quando cheguei no aeroporto, minha amiga Geruza estava esperando por mim. Recebi o meu visto de 3 mêses, e tive que trocar dinheiro.
Boa notícia: 50,00 são 227,00 Shekels.
Má notícia: uma Coca-Cola aqui são 8,00 Shekels, ou seja, a vida aqui é cara.
Meu primeiro dia em Israel foi em Tel Aviv, cidade litorânea. Apesar de ser inverno, a temperatura está quente. Não há chuva aqui. O céu estava completamente limpo e azul. Eu pude ver quanto moderna é Israel. Edifícios altos misturados com velhas casas e templos. Tradicionalismo e vanguarda em conjunto. Lugar muito lindo!
Agora estou em um Kibbutz chamado Hatzerim, ao lado de Beer ShevaUm oásis no deserto, literalmente, mas sobre isso, vou escrever nos próximos posts!
Obrigado a todos!
Nos veremos!

Um comentário:

Manu Martins disse...

Caramba, vc ta em Israel, que louco!
Muuuuita sorte nessa sua nova fase, de verdade! =]

To com inveja do seu ceu azul e sol!

Bjs